Create boundaries around your time off. Download your free copy.
As I started writing today’s blog post, I was searching for some inspiration and stumbled upon a list of 30 quotes about vacation. A few favorites that stood out to me were:
- “Take vacations, go as many places as you can. You can always make money, you can’t always make memories.”
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not what ships are for.” -William Shedd
So my question to you is: how are you going to make memories?…catch the trade winds in your sails?…leave the harbor?…if you’re still chained to your laptop?
The truth is, you most certainly can leave the laptop at home and you can leave the smart phone too. Not only is it possible, but it will actually help you build a better practice.
CPAs work insane hours far too often, and many times, they still don’t receive the financial rewards they deserve. It doesn’t have to be that hard.
We’ve seen how smart owners have been able to build amazing firms that are highly profitable. One thing that we’ve observed over and over is that often in high-performing firms, the owners have developed great boundaries around time off.
The Unplugged Vacation is a catalyst for making improvements in your firm. The funny thing is, it’s counterintuitive, but getting away from your business helps you clearly see your issues back at the office. You get insights about your team, your clients, what you like, and sometimes, what you really dislike about your practice. You are forced to delegate better. All of this helps make change possible.
Want to get a free soft cover copy of The Unplugged Vacation? Stop by our booth at the AICPA Engage Conference in Las Vegas, NV July 26-29. We look forward to seeing you there!
P.S. Looking to write your next chapter? Here are a few ways we might be able to help:
- Cloud-Based Accounting Firms for sale: https://poegroupadvisors.com/buying/practice-search/?location=269
- Register as a Buyer: https://poegroupadvisors.com/buying/interested-buyer/
- Resources (books, podcasts, etc.) to help you run a better firm: https://poegroupadvisors.com/resources/
- Planning Tools to help you with your exit strategy: https://poegroupadvisors.com/selling/
- Small group, virtual practice management workshops: https://poegroupadvisors.com/accounting-practice-academy/