Group Coaching for Accountants
We are contemplating the launch of a group coaching program for accountants.
We want to find out how much demand there might be before we work on development. We’d like to hear from you if you believe you’d be seriously interested in investing your time and money to step away from your business on a quarterly basis to collaborate with other accountants and work on creating a better practice over the long-term.
Here are some of the key elements of the program that we are envisioning:
• Some of the major concepts that we will cover will be those found in Accountant’s Flight Plan.
• The main goal of the program will be to motivate participants to make the big changes necessary to make their businesses work better for them.
• Another goal is for it to be fun…and to make owning a practice more fun.
• There will be a large accountability component, as this will help drive change and deliver results.
• Each class will be limited to around 30 people.
• We will be selective about who is enrolled in the program. Our goal is to find accountants who are entrepreneurial by nature and contribute to the learning experience of everyone else in the group.
• The program will be located either in Charleston, SC or on the west coast. (Perhaps both.)
Why we believe this will be incredibly valuable:
While helping people buy and sell accounting practices since 2003, we have had the privilege of working closely with independent practice owners from all around North America. We have seen a very wide spectrum of success found in firms. Owning a firm can be challenging, but we know not only that it’s possible to own a profitable practice that allows significant free time, but we have observed the common threads of success. Just knowing what to change is not enough. To implement change, a consistent effort is required. A group coaching model will help owners change their habits and thought processes in order to implement successful strategies to transform their firms over time.