David and I have been friends for years, and when we last spoke I could see him light up as he talked about this new venture he’d been thinking about in the podcasting world. I could tell he was excited and it shows. His new and now-running venture is Your Podcast.Team.
“[Podcasting] It’s the rarest form of online content.”
David noticed there were some barriers to entry in the podcasting scene, the technology aspect, the worries about hosting capabilities, “what will I talk about?” etc. but because he saw so much value in the art form he wanted to make a streamlined avenue for anyone to build out there own podcast and that’s where YourPodcast.Team came from.
Just within the past 2 years he’s met with some incredible guests and brought some spectacular insights to the world of podcasting, specifically in the CPA industry. He’s a great guest, an even better host, and absolutely someone worth following.
You can go check out the video recording of the podcast here, or click the player below to take a listen!
- 2:30 What is an IC-DISC?
- 4:26 What prompted you to start podcasting?
- 6:05 What podcasts of your’s do you think our audience of CPAs would find most interesting?
- 9:30 What sparked you to create this new venture YourPodcast.Team?
- 15:41 How does having a podcast help with recruiting challenges?
- 24:20 If you’re talking to someone who’s starting a practice from scratch, what advice would you give them?
- 27:02 What books would you recommend?